‘Facetiming’ at Affiliate Summit West 2019
This month, a few of our team members represented AIM at Affiliate Summit West 2019 (ASW19) in Las Vegas, NV; and judging by the photos and feedback, it was another smashing success! In true Affiliate Summit fashion, the three-day event was jam-packed with quality sessions, incredible speakers, and ample opportunity for networking. This year, the organizers included a few new additions to the ASW19 conference feature list which included a Networking Zone, Tech Talks, an Affiliate Summit Marketplace and Influence.
In our world of all things digital, it is refreshing to see how over 6,000 delegates truly enjoyed interacting and engaging with others in the affiliate and performance marketing industry. This seems to have been the height of everyone’s 2019 experience – the value and privilege of enjoying face-to-face time, connecting and building partnerships.
We asked the AIM delegates to share some of their favorite moments from ASW19 and what they loved most about the conference. Check out the highlights from our very own Hailie (Senior Account Manager of programs like Photos by Getty Images), Darryl (Director of Business Development), Erin (Senior Account Manager of programs like Extended Stay America), and Diana (Senior Account Manager of programs like 1-800-GOT-JUNK?).
In your opinion, what makes Affiliate Summit such a successful event?
- Variety of attendees, variety of sessions to attend, and access to platforms such as the mobile App for scheduling meetings. – Hailie
- Lots of potential publishers and networks to meet. – Darryl
- Affiliate Summit is a great event to grow and create relationships with partners in the industry and discover new tools and technology. This is consistently a very productive event with endless opportunities. -Erin
- The chance to meet a variety of people – affiliates, networks, other agencies, and merchants. – Diana
What was your favorite #ASW19 moment?
- Meeting so many people in person. – Hailie
- Meeting my team for the first time since we work remotely all over the world. – Darryl
- Being able to spend time with members of AIM. Also, I’m a big Foodie, so the food would have to be my highlight! We had dinner one night with one of our technology partners, Parternize, at Estiatorio Milos at the Cosmopolitan and they cut up and served a whole fish baked in salt for us! Yum! – Erin
- Echoing everything my teammates have said…the opportunity to meet in person was great. Also, the opportunity to meet others in the industry is invaluable. – Diana
Which speaker session did you find most valuable and what was one of your key learnings/take always from the presentation?
- I really enjoyed “Profitable Influencer Marketing” by Mary Ann of Bautista Direct Marketing and Trisha Lyn of Blinkstar Media. Great actionable insights and tips to improve efficiency. – Hailie
- The Keynote Session “View From the Top: Performance Marketing in 2019” for many reasons. Lots of insight into the industry and how networks really should work together to make the industry better – Darryl
What is in your Affiliate Summit ‘Survival Kit’?
- Comfortable shoes, thermos, plenty of business cards, and a relaxed attitude. – Hailie
- Bring a refillable water bottle, comfortable shoes, lots of gum/mints for those important meetings, and wear something you stand out in, like Silver Prada Shoes to make yourself easily identifiable. – Darryl
- Comfortable shoes, snacks and a water bottle. Also, make sure to exchange phone numbers with those you are meeting with as things can change on the fly and you’ll meet so many people! – Erin
- Comfortable shoes! Small notebook or iPad for jotting down notes. Snacks like protein bars because you don’t always have time to break away for a sit-down breakfast or lunch. – Diana
Any shout-outs to the Affiliate Summit team?
- Thank you for hosting such a wonderful event and making this first-timer feel at home! – Hailie
- First time attendee of ASW, and it was great. Thanks for a wonderful event, but next time throw in the water 😉. – Darryl
- Thanks for the event! – Erin
- Thanks for bringing so many diverse people together in this industry! – Diana
If you didn’t get the chance to connect with us at Affiliate Summit West 2019 and wish to chat, please get in touch.
Otherwise, see you at the next one!
Visit Affiliate Summit West 2019 for a full agenda and recap.