Valentine’s Day is a holiday when people express their love and affection for their significant others, family, and friends. Many flock to the web to find the perfect gift this time of year with customers in the US spending $23.9 billion during Valentine’s in 2022. This number is expected to continue to rise and is an opportunity for brands to tap into the sentimental and romantic market.
Isn't it too late?
Brands are probably knee-deep in their Valentine’s Day initiatives, but there’s still some time to grab even more sales. With creative thinking and “all hands on deck”, it’s not too late.
A brand’s affiliate program is key to last-minute success. Simple leveraging of your partners this holiday can help brands reach specific target audiences through various marketing channels quickly. Afterall, it’s what they do best.
Affiliate partners have followers who trust them and stay up to date with their content. This makes it easier for them to influence or convince people to buy at this time. It’s just up to you and your marketing team to make it as easy as possible to promote. Here are some assets you can create and offer to your partners – giving them what they need to run with in a short amount of time.
- Gift Guide: Create a comprehensive guide that showcases the best last-minute Valentine’s Day gifts for different types of couples. This guide can include links to affiliate products and drive sales.
- Discounts and Promotions: Offer a special Valentine’s Day Flash Sale on your products during this last stretch to encourage purchases. This could also be affiliate-only to help conversions.
- Influencer Collaborations: Influencer collaborations can help you reach a wider audience and drive sales. Reach out to a specific influencer in your niche and work together on a contest, a product giveaway, or offer them a special vanity code/sale.
Just like any brand, many affiliate partners are already juggling their Valentine’s Day marketing efforts. Therefore, it’s a good idea to grab their attention with something enticing.
- Offer free product for them to push.
- Give a cash bonus for promoting something specific (e.g. product, infographic, gift guide, etc.).
- Offer a commission increase for any last-minute sales.
By implementing the above tips, brands can take advantage of any Valentine’s Day stragglers to reach their target audience, increase their sales, and build their brand.