With about 11,400 affiliate programs in the U.S., alone, it’s easy to see that affiliate marketing is a key player in the marketing world. It’s also easy to see that there is a lot of competition out there. What can you do to make your program stand out? It comes down to the unique perks you offer and communication.
You’ve got a great reputation and a fantastic product, but it takes more to have a truly successful program. You have to build a relationship with your partners and assist them in promoting your brand. After all, you’re the one who knows your brand the best and your partners know this.
One way to build this type of rapport is to offer monthly newsletters through your network. These newsletters should keep your partners informed on any new promotions and creatives, as well as ready-to-post (RTP) options (learn more about this on page 10 of FeedFront Magazine Issue 47).
However, while those types of newsletters will help guide your partners in posting, there’s another type of newsletter that most programs forget about – Tips.
A Tips newsletter can be anything from offering inside knowledge of product(s) to key features of your chosen network. No matter the topic, having this type of newsletter in your arsenal will not just help your partners promote, but will help them promote successfully.
Here’s how to get started:
Example Tip Topics
- Network Features: Does your network have a Chrome extension or other helpful tools? Offer information about the tool, how it can benefit them, and where/how to get it.
- Trending Tips: These can cover anything from how adding images can increase conversion and why video is a hot trend to a specific trend that your brand can relate to.
- Social Tips: Some partners still get confused about how to successfully promote on their social channels as an affiliate. Offer insight and tips for each popular channel.
Do’s and Don’ts
- Do stay relevant when offering tips. Whether it be a seasonal tip or something that pertains to your current marketing efforts.
- Don’t bombard your partners with tips. You want to avoid making your partners feel untrusted. Instead, use these ideas sparingly and add them to your content calendar every other month – if you send a content newsletter (RTP or otherwise), you can send these as a second option monthly too without it feeling like too much.
- Do be personable when sending a Tips newsletter. Show your partners you’re there to help and encourage 2-way communication if they need further assistance.
Many programs forget about the importance of communication; having consistent newsletters keep your program well-rounded. Fun Fact: Well-crafted affiliate marketing programs can boost revenue by a staggering 30%.
If you’re looking for assistance in managing your program, give us a call and talk to an expert today. Content is a big part of our full-service affiliate program management and we’re here to help!