New Program Content Checklist │ Download Available
81% of brands and 84% of publishers leverage the power of affiliate marketing. It’s an ever-growing industry that can stand the test of hard times due to its low-risk CPA (click-per-action) model.
If you are one of the brands just starting out in the industry, you already know the amount of work it takes to get a new program off the ground. There are many decisions to make: how to manage the program, which network is best for you, and more. Then, once you’re launched, it’s recruitment time! You can’t have a successful program without partners.
What do these partners do once they’ve joined your program? Of course, they promote you, but with what? That’s where your creative team comes into play with content suited for the launch of a new program (or an agency, like AIM, can help too).
There are 5 specific pieces needed, and this content is critical to get your program and partners off the ground quickly and successfully. What are they? Not to worry as we’ve put together a quick checklist for you to follow.
1. Welcome Email – A simple way to establish a relationship from the start. Every joining partner should receive a welcome email offering the key benefits of the program and information regarding their point of contact if they need assistance with anything.
Some programs even go a step further and offer a Welcome Series with a few emails, each with a different theme/topic for their new partners.
2. Quick Start Guide – This guide offers an overall look at the brand and the program. It should be filled with easy-to-follow tips on how to promote, how to be successful, and how to manage the network. This is an important reference piece, especially for smaller affiliates.
3. Default Banners – A batch of general banners should be offered in a variety of popular sizes to make promoting quick and easy. These should be visually appealing, offer a CTA (call-to-action), and display your logo for quick brand recognition.
Recommended Sizes: 125×125, 300×250, 250×250, 160×600, 728×90, 468×60, 300×600
4. Text Links – Beyond a default link that refers consumers to your homepage, offer promotional links partners can grab for their articles. These links can be specific to your most popular categories and/or products for an added push. Having pre-made text links available within the network lets your partners know what’s important to promote.
5. Affiliate Hub – Once you have your program launched, consider having an Affiliate Page that can be found in your website’s footer. Whether it’s a simple sign-up page that lists the basics of the program to a full hub of important information for new and existing partners, this page will be a great resource for your program and help in its success.
(If you work with us, using the already SEO-friendly brand page that we create is an easy way to implement this idea. We also offer Affiliate Hub mock-ups to aid your content team.)
If you want more information regarding the above list or an expert’s touch at helping you get started, don’t hesitate to reach out to us here at AIM!
Downloadable Checklist for Reference: